Entrepreneurship Development Cell (EDC)
Formed in 2010, The Entrepreneurship Development Cell (EDC), NRI GROUP is a self financing ,not – for – profit organization. It is an initiative that aims at fostering the spirit of entrepreneurship in the college.
The aim of the organization is to help the youth break free from the shackles of mediocrity, move out of the pressure of job security and step out of line and away from what has today became a rat – race.
We tend to awaken the youth towards considering entrepreneurship as a serious career option.
- To act as an institutional mechanism for providing various services including information to budding student entrepreneurs.
- To create Entrepreneurial culture in the Parent Institution and other institutions in the region and to promote the objectives of NSTEDB, including programmes related to women and weaker sections of the society.
- To foster better linkages between the Parent Institution, Industries and R&D institutions in the region and other related organizations engaged in promoting Small & Medium Enterprises (SMEs) including NGOs and other Voluntary Organisations.
- To catalyse and promote development of S&T based Enterprises and promote employment opportunities.
- To respond effectively to the emerging challenges and opportunities both at national and international level relating to SMEs and Micro Enterprises.