MECHANICAL ENGINEERING DEPARTMENT
The Mechanical Engineering Department came into subsistence in the year 2001. The department is opulent in its faculty as well as infrastructure. It has laboratory and workshop facilities with modern sophisticated equipment to carry out the practical and research work. The department of the Institute conventionally organizes sundry extra-curricular activities, cultural events and excursion, conducive in engendering a congenial atmosphere. Mechanical Engineering to take up challenges of the industry in the fields of Manufacturing Innovations
In the field of engineering a Mechanical engineering plays a vital role, they applies the principles of general science , laws of nature and different materials for built the nation by applying their creativity. It is the branch of engineering that involves the designing of new product, their production and usage of heat and mechanical power for converting into desired shape and size as per aspects. It is one of the oldest and broadest engineering disciplines.
A Mechanical Engineering branch always required for a work which starts their initial moment. (eg..A wire is need for power supply is drawn by mechanical engineer in the workshop.)It always uses the concepts including mechanics, kinematics, thermodynamics, materials science, structural analysis, and electricity. Mechanical engineers utilize these core principles along with implements like computer-aided engineering and product life-cycle management to design and analyze manufacturing plants, industrial equipment and machinery, heating and cooling systems, convey systems, aircraft, watercraft, robotics, medical contrivances, amongst others. Mechanical engineering overlaps with aerospace engineering, building accommodations engineering, metallurgical engineering, marine engineering, civil engineering, electrical engineering, petroleum engineering, manufacturing engineering, and chemical engineering to varying amounts.
The Mechanical Engineering Department strives to be recognized globally for outstanding Education and research leading to well-qualified engineers, who are innovative, entrepreneurial and successful in advanced fields of engineering and research.
To impart quality engineering education to students and enhance their skills to make them competitive world-wide in the various fields of mechanical engineering such as Production, thermal engineering, Automobile Engineering, Product Design & Development, Materials technology, Quality Control, & Maintenance engineering.
Constantly strive to improve pedagogical methods employed in delivering the academic programs.
To advance the well-being of society through excellence in teaching, research and service that exploits the rapidly changing technical diversity of mechanical engineering
Provide consultancy to the neighborhood and cultivate the spirit of entrepreneurship.
- Skill Development Program
- Youth Leadership program
- Develop awareness amongst students regarding various scholarships
- Helping financially backward students and scholars
- Orientation program for First Year students
- Lecture Series on various Social and Educational topics
- Mentorship Program
- Stress Management and Time management workshops
- Lectures on MPSC, UPSC, GATE, GRE,MAT,CAT.
- B. E. (ME)
- M. Tech. (ADVANCE PRODUCTION SYSTEM)
- M. Tech. (MACHINE DESIGN & ROBOTICS)
- M. Tech. (THERMAL ENGINEERING)
Achievements of our faculty
Prof.(Dr).P.K.SHARMAN is a member of the following:
- Editorial Board committee – International journal of advance Research in science and engineering.
- Editorial Board committee-AR Research Publication House, Delhi
- Editorial Board committee books & Journal – I.K.International Pvt Ltd.
- Editorial Board committee -A R DIGITECH,International Journal Of Engineering, Education &Technology,MAHARASTRA,INDIA
- Technical Advisor Board member for Book publication – Technical Book Bureau (India)
- Technical Advisor Board member for Book publication-SciTech Publication (India) Pvt. Ltd.
Book published by Dr. P. K. Sharma
- Management concept & Entrepreneurship-I.K. International Pub.
- Mechanical handbook & Data Book-I.K. International Pub.
Books to be published by Dr. P. K. Sharma
- Entrepreneurship orientation program conducted by MPCON Ltd.Bhopal from 29-03-2010 to 31-03-2010.
- Entrepreneurship Awareness camp conducted by NIIST, Bhopal from 15-17 March2011.
- Faculty development programme on “Testing and quality control of plastic materials and products, sponsored by AICTE, New Delhi. Programme held on 15-03-2010 to 19-03-2010.
- Faculty development programme on “Recent Trends in Design & Manufacturing, sponsored by AICTE, New Delhi held on 10-02-2014 to 22-02-2014.
- ISTE workshop on Akash for Education conducted by IIT Bombay on 10th to 11th November, 2012, under the National Mission on Education through ICT(MHRD).
- ISTE workshop on Engineering
Thermodynamics conducted by IIT Bombay on 11th to 21st
December, 2012, under the National Mission on Education through ICT(MHRD).
- ISTE workshop on Engineering Mechanics conducted by IIT Bombay on 26th November to 06th December,2013, under the National Mission on Education through ICT(MHRD).
- ISTE workshop on Research Methods in Educational Technology conducted by IIT Bombay on 9 th & 10th February, 2013, under the National Mission on Education through ICT(MHRD).
- ISTE workshop on Fluid Mechanics as a Co-ordinator conducted by IIT Kharagpur. on 20th to 30th May,2014, under the National Mission on Education through ICT(MHRD).
- ISTE workshop on Pedagogy (Smart Teaching) conducted by IIT Bombay.
- SNJB’s Late Sau. K.B. Jain College of Engineering, Chandwad, One Day Certification Program on “Intellectual Property Management (LPM) and Patent Life-Cycle Management (PLM)” on April 4, 2013.