Electrical & Electronics Engineering
The Electrical And Electronics Enigineering it is such a branch which has broad spectrum of opportunities along with its application in every field, as power and related subjects are inevitable in today’s science and technology world, BE/B.tech Course has myriad of opportunities. EX allows you to have benefits of Mechanical, Civil, CSE & ECE branches in the long run. As this branch is having its pervasion in all the fields.
- A Graduate in EX can go for Diverse fields whether it is PSU Job, Core Sectors like Construction & Steel, IT Industry, Consultancy/Finance Job, Electronics Design and a myriad of Profiles like Business Development Associates, Content Development Manager etc.
- It gives you Opportunities to explore Consultancy Domains, Eligibility to Write UPSC IES (Indian Engineering Services), Opt for Electrical Engineering paper as Optional in UPSC IAS
- You can also appear for PSUs like AIRPORT Authority of INDIA where Electrical & Electronics Students are allowed along with ECE students for post of Junior Executive (Electronics). That means if you are only BE/B.tech in Electrical Engineering You are not Eligible to Fill the Form unless you are BE/B.tech in ECE,EX.
EX is almost similar to Electrical Engineering(Although Difference Exist in Courses of Curriculum of different Universities).It is not a CAKEWALK particularly if you HATE Fourier Series, Laplace Transforms, DTFT and Other Mathematical Tools.
Private Companies mostly visit Top Colleges and Seeking IT/Consultancy/Financial/Investment Role (NO INTEREST IN CORE ELECTRICAL) Oracle Financial Services(OFSS), Saplabs, Sapient, DESHAW,MUSIGMA,EXL SERVICES, Nucleus Software, VERIZON etc.
Electronics Niche Roles
Companies like Sankalp Semiconductor, Free Scale, NI, Texas Instuments etc (where in general case ECE students are Eligible). Along with them even the EX students only are considered.
Companies like Tata Steel, Mahindra, Tata Motors, Electro Steel, JSW Steel, Uttam Galva Steel, Magnetti Marelli, Exide, etc
(Options along with MECH,CHEMICAL, POLYMER, PRODUCTION students)
Sampoornji Pallonji, DLF, SK Samanta & Company, TCE, BHARTI Infratel etc (Options along with Civil Students). The List is Unending and Some Companies Have Varied Branch Eligibility Criteria in Visiting Colleges. The Next Govt. Jobs are Open at All India Competitions where you can embark upon EX Degree.
Government Job Opportunities
- A Rank within 500 in GATE EE Paper opens opportunities to Join IOCL,BBNL,NTPC,ONGC,NLC,PGCIL,BPCL and other MAHARATNAS,NAVRATNAS PSU
- You can also opt for STATE PSUs where a majority of vacancies are from Civil, Mechanical & Electrical. State PSUs like TSGENCO,MAHADISCOM,TSTRANSCO,TSNPDCL and State Public Service Commissions like OPSC,UKPSSC etc which conduct their own Exams for AEE Recruitment
- Opportunities to Join in Bureau of Indian Standards Scientist B, National Productivity Council, GRSE, ISRO (Electronics Scientist)
- Most Coveted Exams like UPSC Civil Services with Electrical Optional Paper, and Indian Engineering Services(UPSC ESE)
Higher Educational Prospects
- You can go for M.Tech /ME after Graduation from IIT,NIT and Even complete M.tech in DGFS course of BARC
- You can Opt for PGDIE(Post Graduate Diploma in Industrial Engineering) from NITIE, Mumbai after QUALIFYING GATE and have good pay packages from SCM(Supply Chain Management Companies)
- You can also do M.tech in QROR from ISI Kolkata. ISI – MTECH (QROR) after appearing in Entrance Exams.
The Scope of EX branch is Unlimited Provided you Chose which Option to Opt in near future. EX degree will provide a global arena of options but you have to tap it to become successful.
10+2 passed with science stream subjects (PCM) from a recognized board with minimum 45% for Gen. category and 40% for OBC (except creamy layer) /SC/ST (Only M.P Domicile candidates)
B.Tech. (Lateral entry)
Diploma in Civil Engineering from any recognized university, passed with minimum 45 percent marks for Gen. Category and 40% for OBC/SC/ST (Only M.P Domicile candidates)