M.Tech. in Power Electronics is 2-year long, full-time, autonomous, industry-oriented program. The discipline of Power Electronics encompasses a variety of fields within Electrical Engineering, and essentially, techniques in system-level modeling analyses, design, and integration of motor drives.
To promote- innovation centric education and perform cutting – edge research in Computer Science & Engineering. Our motto is to attain global recognition in Electrical & Electronics Engineering education, research and training to meet the growing needs of the industry and society.
- To continuously Endeavour in creating and sustenance of an academic environment conducive to the highest level of research and teaching.
- To develop human resources with sound knowledge in theory and practice of Computer Science & Engineering.
- To facilitate the development of academia-industry collaborations and societal outreach programmes.
- Imparting high quality education through well-designed curriculum in tune with the Challenging needs of the industry.
- Providing state-of-art research facilities to generate knowledge and develop
- Technologies in the thrust areas of Electrical & Electronics Engineering.
- Developing linkages with world class organizations to strengthen industry-academia relationships for mutual benefit.
- Hardware engineer
- Control design engineer
- Analog design engineer
- Validation engineer, etc.
- Automation engineer
As per today’s scenario Electronics is a booming field & has become
inevitable and there is a huge demand of good Electronics Engineers and
designers. The demand is so high that NIIST is providing the M.Tech (PE) graduates
electronics is a very interesting field, with a wide variety of applications –
industrial drives, renewable energy etc. Many companies such as GE, Philips,
Alstom etc have invested in the research in the above mentioned fields. The pay
package is pretty decent and the nature of the job is very exciting.
In India, there is a dire need of more and more engineers on power electronics and power systems who can come up with better and efficient ways to solve the age-old problems in those fields. Successful postgraduates of the course are lucratively recruited in popular organizations such as L&T, Philips Electronics, Wipro Consumer Care & Lighting, Honeywell, DRDO, Reliance Infrastructure, HBL Power System, Greenwich Hexen Energy Solution, Synco Lite India, Tata Elxsi, AMU Energy Solution, etc.
And many more recent fields of Electrical & Electronics which is required by an IT companies. Training and Placement cell of NIIST trains the students for campus drive by providing the mock interview session for pre final and final year students and conducts training sessions for clearing competitive exams like GATE etc. so that they develop confidence and get placement from campus drives. The Department also conducts the training sessions and workshops on live projects for building the competency in subjects of our students.
Department of EX, NIIST students are well placed in top multinational companies, some are selected by the PSU’s. Every year our record of placement is almost 100 percent through Training & placement cell, also our students clear the competitive exams conducted by government bodies, as they are formally trained in the institute apart from their regular curriculum.