M.Tech In Information Technology
In the era of data & information on every aspect of human life, the impact of Technological advancements is not complete without the role of Information Technology, in every sphere of work. Hence the all-pervading nature of Information Technology is culminated with huge demand for education. The steady rise in the number of students opting to specialize in Information Technology is a testimony for that. Education in Information Technology can make a progressive difference in every sphere of society. Department of Information Technology thrives to accomplish its vision of developing adept and proficient students. The growth of the department is extensively progressing towards the contribution of technically sound, efficient students to the corporate world.
To promote – innovation centric education and perform cutting – edge research in Information Technology. To attain global recognition in Information Technology education, research and training to meet the growing needs of the industry and society.
The mission of the department of Information Technology is to provide quality education to students, in the traditional and contemporary areas of information technology and develop students with good ethical practices, and their overall personality development.
To create, and sustain an academic environment, conducive to the highest level of research and teaching. To develop, Human Resources with sound knowledge in theory and practice. To facilitate, the development of academia-industry collaborations.
- Skill and knowledge development in professional career of Information Technology and other related disciplines
- Development of communication skills to grow the students into team
- Overall professional development with advanced knowledge updates on regular basis.
Different core areas of Information Technology that are covered by our curriculum include programming, networking, web systems, information management and human computer interaction. The program is designed in such a way that the graduate develops a practical understanding of the technologies and acquires expertise for a successful career.
The postgraduate program offered by the department cover advanced topics of different information technology courses leading to specializations in the areas of Information Security and Cyber Forensics, Database Systems and Cloud Computing. The courses are designed in such a way that the students are exposed to theoretical concepts complemented by related practical experiments. In order to provide more thrust to research, students are trained & required to give a research seminar and carry out research projects on any related topics of their specialization. The exploration of various internship opportunities by the Department through its Corporate Advisory Board and industrial collaborations, for providing a better exposure to the students, is an added attraction to the students for joining PG programs conducted by the department.
These students would get career opportunities as
- Software Developer
- Testing Engineer
- System Analyst
- Applications Developer
- IT Coordinator
- The Department is in close collaboration with IIT Bombay. It has been recognized by IIT Bombay as a ‘Resource Centre’ of the ‘Spoken Tutorial Project’ under the ‘Talk to a Teacher Programme’ of Ministry of HRD, Government of India.
- The Department has bagged a ‘Knowledge Tree Award’ from IIT Bombay for its exemplary efforts in this direction. As per recent Gartner IT Research Report, 90% of Indian firms will use open source software in four years. As a strategic initiative.
- The Department is equipping the students to use Free Open Source Software (FOSS) through Spoken Tutorials.
- The Department is also organizing Summer Training Programmes through IIT Bombay, for students of the Institute and other Engineering Colleges.
- The Department is developing Virtual Labs in association with IIT Delhi in order to provide remote-access to labs and to share costly equipment and resources.
- The Department is recognized as a ‘Nodal Centre’ for Virtual Labs by IIT Delhi.
- The Department is also fulfilling its social responsibility to a certain extent by imparting Computer education to children and adults of nearby villages.
- The Department is constantly exploring new methodologies of teaching and has now embarked on ‘Outcome Based Education’ where the stress is not on what is taught, but on what is learnt. The concerted efforts, put by students and faculty members are alike, and are channelized for achieving academic excellence.
DURATION: 2 YEARS
B.Tech/BE or equivalent in IT (with minimum 50% marks for GEN and 45% for OBC/SC/ST category)