Department of Information Technology
(IT) has been established in the year 2001 with an initial intake of 60
students. The Department has experienced significant growth over the last
decade. The department is enriched with experienced, qualified and dedicated
faculty members. The first batch of B.E students graduated in 2005. The
Department offers BE course in IT and MTECH in Information Technology (IT). The
Department follows a comprehensive curriculum as designed by the state technical
University of M.P (RGPV) on topics related to all aspects of Computer Hardware
and Software with an emphasis on practical learning.
The course structure is up-to-date and includes courses on advance topics to equip our students with the latest developments. The computer facilities comprise laboratories of 120+ Computers; all are interconnected through the network. The department has also the Internet facility of 100 MBPS for the faculty and students.
The Department provides state- of- the- art computing facilities to the students. It also promotes active industry-institute collaboration by identifying areas of interest and organizing the expert lectures on the new technologies. The department also takes part in sponsored research projects and consultancy services. Some of the major research areas which the faculty members and students working on are Recommendation systems, Ad-Hoc Networks, Mobile computing, Image Processing, Software Engineering Network Security and Data Mining.
It provides an outstanding environment for excellence in teaching and our faculty aim at delivering top class education blending with their rich classroom teaching. They provide students with the latest technical knowledge and practical exposure so that they can make their presence felt in the latest technical revolution. The Department offers guidance to the students in the latest software like C, C++, JAVA, .NET, PHP, ANDROID, ORACLE and LINUX programming.
It gives us full satisfaction to highlight the fact that Department of IT is enriched with good infrastructure, highly qualified and experienced faculty good number of computing equipments supported by high speed internet and very enthusiast and devoted student.
To promote – innovation centric education and perform cutting – edge research in Information Technology. To attain global recognition in Information Technology education, research and training to meet the growing needs of the industry and society.
The mission of the department of Information Technology is to provide quality education to students, in the traditional and contemporary areas of information technology and develop students with good ethical practices, and their overall personality development.
To create, and sustain an academic environment, conducive to the highest level of research and teaching. To develop, Human Resources with sound knowledge in theory and practice. To facilitate, the development of academia-industry collaborations.
The IT course emphasizes on:
- Skill and knowledge development in professional career of Information Technology and other related disciplines
- Development of communication skills to grow the students into team leaders.
- Overall professional development with advanced knowledge updates on regular basis.
- M.Tech (IT)
- The Department is in close collaboration with IIT Bombay. It has been recognized by IIT Bombay as a ‘Resource Centre’ of the ‘Spoken Tutorial Project’ under ‘Talk to a Teacher Programme’ of Ministry of HRD, Government of India.
- The Department bagged a ‘Knowledge Tree Award’ from IIT Bombay for its exemplary efforts in this direction. As per recent Gartner IT Research Report, 90% of Indian firms will use open source software in four years.
- The Department is equipping the students to use Free Open Source Software (FOSS) through Spoken Tutorials.
- The Department is also organizing Summer Training Programmes through IIT Bombay for students of the Institute and other Engineering Colleges.
- The Department is developing Virtual Labs in association with IIT Delhi in order to provide remote-access to labs and to share costly equipment and resources.
- The Department is recognized as a ‘Nodal Centre’ for Virtual Labs by IIT Delhi.
- The Department is also fulfilling its social responsibility to a certain extent by imparting Computer education to children and adults of nearby villages.
- The Department is constantly exploring new methodologies of teaching and has now embarked on ‘Outcome Based Education’ where the stress is not on what is taught, but on what is learnt.
- The concerted efforts, put by students and faculty members alike, are channelized for achieving academic excellence.