Medical laboratory science is defined as diagnostic/investigative medicine. The laboratory is the fulcrum of sciences and ipso facto the light of modern medicine. A majority of health care decisions are derived after clinical laboratory tests. Laboratory tests provide doctors with the information needed for making diagnosis, select therapy and monitor prognosis.
Paramedical Department has well equipped clinical laboratories serving the needs of patients with utmost integrity. Our laboratories are committed to provide quality with care even in emergency situation. We are having world class instruments, well trained and efficient staff who are fully dedicated to provide round the clock services to the patients.
- Quality control samples are run every day before the commencement of testing of actual patient samples.
- Ideal blood collection via vacutainer system to avoid activation of clotting mechanism
- Periodic calibration of machines
- Complete documentation like log books for instruments, daily, weekly and monthly maintenance books etc.
- Every 6 hrs monitoring of various temperature-sensitive instruments like refrigerator and deep freezer where reagents, kits and samples are stored.
- Interfacing of an instrument to software, so that transfer of data occurs automatically i.e. no manual error while preparing reports.
- A dual check of reports by qualified and well trained technical staff.
- A repeat of abnormal samples by different technologists.
Department has Biochemistry, Hematology, Microbiology and Radiology units.
Hematology laboratory performs routine blood tests and various body fluids testing and analysis. The testing utilizes latest technology to provide most accurate results. Complete blood count (CBC) with differentials are performed. Other tests are urine analysis, rapid pregnancy tests, stool analysis, cell counts, WBC differentials.
This unit provides service to in patients and out patients. Laboratory performs a wide variety of different biochemical tests and other biofluids by the use of wide range of equipment, from the simple most basic to automated, modern and sophisticated systems. Lab results are controlled by internal and external quality control programs. It has routine blood testing which includes renal function, liver function, lipid profile, glucose and other routine tests. Routine urine analysis including microscopy and various fluids. In addition, unit is responsible for fecal occult blood test.
The clinical microbiology laboratory is full service laboratory offering diagnostic bacteriology, mycology, parasitology, virology and mycobacteriology. Laboratory receives samples from in patients at the Madhav Ayurvedic and Madhav Homoeopathy hospitals as well as from several out patients.
It isolates and identifies clinically significant micro organisms from specimens and performs antimicrobial susceptibility testing on these bacterial pathogens. Performs blood culture, isolation and characterization of clinically significant anaerobic bacteria.
Performs identification and anti fungal susceptibility testing on clinically significant yeast isolates, identification of pathogenic moulds recovered from clinical specimens, diagnosis of parasitic infections in stool, blood etc, viral infection diagnosis by culture methods, ELISA etc
Radiology and imaging division at the Department constitutes a team of experts committed to provide high quality radio diagnosis to the patients and referring physicians. We have skilled technicians, supporting staff and a division which never fails to deliver result. With best class technology we ensure that we support our physicians and surgeons to diagnose cases with accurate and timely results.
The department has been established to provide quality and advance diagnostic tests and also to produce high level manpower for qualitative medical science and professions allied to medicine.
Courses in Offering
Eligibility for Admission
- 10+2 in science stream with PCB/M and English or Any equivalent examination recognized by the board for the above purpose, with Physics, Chemistry and Biology as principal subjects of study.
- A candidate should have completed the minimum age of 17 years and maximum 25 years for male & 28 years for female candidate as on 31st December of the year of admission. 5% Relaxation for SC ST candidates