BPT (Bachelor of Physiotherapy)
BPT or Bachelor of Physiotherapy is a four-year undergraduate professional course that deals with the science of physical movement and channelising it to prevent disability and diseases of movement. Physiotherapy or physical therapy is an allied health profession that helps people increase, maintain or restore their physical mobility, function, and strength.
BPT Eligibility Criteria
Students who have completed their 10 +2 education with science as their major subject are eligible to apply for Bachelor of Physiotherapy course. The candidate should have pursued the Science stream with Physics, Chemistry, and Biology as their main subjects. A Minimum aggregate score of 50% or equivalent at 10+2 level is mandatory for admission.
Skills-set for the Course
The physiotherapists need to be highly patient with their clients and have high levels of empathy towards their ailment and sufferings. They have to reassure their clients and explain every step of their therapy before performing it on them. Other general required skill sets are,
- Fluency in English
- Ability to speak in a persuasive tone
- Clarity of speech
- The scientific rationale behind procedures
- Ability to operate equipment wisely
- Convincing and persuasive
- Good presentation skills The Bachelor of Physiotherapy is a four-year course that includes six months of internship in some leading hospitals or the clinical facility integrated with the college. The four years course also includes theoretical classes and clinical exposure in leading multi-specialty hospitals.