Civil Engineering Department
Welcome to the department of civil engineering, here we offer you a world class knowledge base of civil engineering concerned with construction of buildings, towers, bridges, etc….wherever it may be above the surface or below the surface of the earth. Here we always have a “down to earth”, approach.
As a civil engineer you are always working on materials, the role you play will involve: conception, design, build, and supervise, operate, construct, including roads, systems for water supply and sewage treatment, buildings, airports, tunnels, dams, bridges, and maintain infrastructure projects and systems in the public and private sector. Many civil engineers work in planning, design, construction, research, and education.
- Analyze long range plans, survey reports, maps, and other data to plan and design projects
- Consider construction costs, government regulations, potential environmental hazards, and other factors during the planning and risk-analysis stages of a project
- Compile and submit permit applications to local, state, and federal agencies, verifying that projects comply with various regulations
- Oversee and analyze the results of soil testing to determine the adequacy and strength of foundations
- Analyze the results of tests on building materials, such as concrete, wood, asphalt, or steel, for use in particular projects
- Prepare cost estimates for materials, equipment, or labor to determine a project’s economic feasibility
- Use design software to plan and design transportation systems, hydraulic systems, and structures in line with industry and government standards
- Perform or oversee surveying operations to establish building locations, site layouts, reference points, grades, and elevations to guide construction
- Manage the repair, maintenance, and replacement of public and private infrastructure.
- Our vision is to provide utmost knowledge to the students in Civil Engineering, that emphasizes on innovations.
- To train our students in civil engineering, with specialized skills.
- To expose our students to the latest construction technologies.
- To prepare the students for face the challenges and to meet the needs of the society and Employers.
Key Features of Our Department
- Well equipped and state- of- the- art labs.
- Subject specific labs.
a). Fluid mechanics lab
b). Geodesy lab (survey lab)
c). Geotechnical engineering lab
d). Structures lab
e). Geology lab
f). Highway lab
g). Materials testing lab
h). Environment engineering lab
i). Software lab having modern and updated software’s like AutoCAD, Sewer CAD, Secuslope, PLAXIS , BIM and many advanced tools to name a few…
- Training with modern equipments
a). Total stations
d). BOD testing equipments
e). Compression testing machine
f). Universal testing machine
g). Tri axial testing machine
h). CBR testing machine
i). Water quality testing analyzer and many more….
- Practical training since first semester and emphasizing on “practice until excellence”
The Department of Civil Engineering, at NRI Group offers the following programs:
Course & Intake
- Diploma in Civil Engineering : 60 Seats
- B.Tech : 120 Seats
- LT. B.tech : 12 Seats*
- M.Tech (BCT) : 18 Seats
- Diploma in Civil Engineering – 3 years
- Bachelor of Technology – 4 years
- Master of Technology – 2 years
- B.Tech (Lateral entry) – 3 years
Diploma in Civil Engineering
Diploma in Civil Engineering is a 3-year course in engineering, specializing in the design, construction, and maintenance of physical and naturally-built environment, such as roads, bridges, canals, dams and buildings. Such professionals are hired in capacities such as Assistant Manager, Civil Engineering, Assistant Field Inspector, Construction Site Assistant Supervisor, Assistant Faculty Member, Executive Engineer, Project Engineer/ Co-coordinator, Quality Control Engineer, Researcher, Chief Engineer, Division Head, Civil Engineering, Project Manager, Civil Engineering, Senior Engineer, Supervisory Engineer, Professor/ Teacher, Independent Consultant, Director of Public Works, etc. NRI Group of institutions, Bhopal, provides best facilities to their students to grow as a finest Diploma Engineer.
B.Tech (Civil Engineering)
The four- year Undergraduate programme leading to the Bachelor of Technology in Civil Engineering equips our graduates with fundamental civil engineering knowledge, a broad set of skills, and an inquisitive attitude. The B.Tech. degree program is designed to offer depth in civil engineering technicalities along with the flexibility to select elective courses that meet students’ interests and expose them to the breadth of civil engineering specialties.
M.Tech. (Building Construction and Technology)
Master of Technology in Building Construction and Technology is a two-year post-graduate program offered by Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering, at NRI Group Bhopal. The Building Construction and Technology are specialists in Design, Construction, Repair, Rehabilitation and Conservation. They are concerned with all aspects of a structure and its stability. M.Tech. in Building Construction and Technology involves Structural Mechanics, Finite Element Analysis, Structural Dynamics, Structural Reliability and Optimization, Reinforced and Pre-stressed Concrete, Steel Structures, Design for Wind and Earthquake, Tall Buildings and Towers, Computer Applications in Structural Engineering, etc.