About PIO/FNPersons of Indian Origin (PIO): This category includes the persons who are citizens of other countries (except Pakistan and Bangladesh) who at any time held an Indian Passport, or that person or either of his / her parents or any of his/her grandparents was a citizen of India by virtue of the provisions of the Constitution of India or Sec 2 (b) of Citizenship Act, 1955 (Act No.57 of 1955).
Foreign Nationals (FN): This category includes Citizens of all countries other than India, who are not of Indian origin as defined under PIO.
Admission Procedure under FN/PIO Quota
- 15 % seats shall be reserved for the PIO/Foreign Nationals.
- Eligible candidates desirous to seek admission in B.E., M.Tech, MBA, MCA First Year under this category, are required to submit their Admission Registration Form (ARF) , along with a demand draft of Rs. 10,000/- INR (drawn in favor of NIIST, Bhopal), payable at Bhopal, towards non refundable processing fee. The photo copies of Passport, 10th & 12th standard mark sheets and 2 photographs should be submitted to the address mentioned below:
NRI Group of Institutions
1, Sajjan Singh Nagar, Raisen Road,
- Last date for submitting the ARF under FN / PIO varies from 30th June to 15th July depending on the cut off date of admissions as declared by D.T.E.
- The Provisional allotment, as per merit after scrutiny will be done and the candidates will be intimated through their emails. Candidate has to confirm his/her admission by paying full fee and submitting the required original documents up to 30th June 2016 (or the cut off date as declared by DTE). The provisional admission letter will be issued to the candidate only after verification of original documents. This provisional admission will be subject to the submission of following documents in original for verification:
- Passport/Proof of Nationality
- X standard mark sheet
- XII standard mark sheet
- Final Year Graduation mark sheet (for MBA, MCA & M.Tech only)
- Transfer Certificate
- Migration certificate
- Character certificate
- One set of photocopies of all documents
- Eight latest passport size photographs
- Based on “Provisional Admission Letter” the candidate is required to contact Indian Embassy of their country for obtaining a valid student visa for complete tenure of course. (This is applicable for FN / PIO students only).
- The confirmation of the provisional admission under FN/PIO, is subject to the final approval by the Government regulatory body.
- Once the final approval is obtained, the candidate has to complete the Enrollment process of MP Technical University. On the completion of the enrollment process, every student of approved list gets a unique enrollment number.
Eligibility Criteria for Foreign National/ Person of Indian Origin(A) Bachelor of Engineering (B.E.)
- Admissions to B.E. First Year: Candidate should have passed the “A” Level or equivalent certificate examination / (Std.XII) examination with subjects of English, Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics and must have secured minimum 50% marks in the subjects of Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics added together or Physics, Mathematics and Biology
- The candidate belonging to this type is not required to appear in JEE (Main).
- Bachelors Degree or Equivalent in the relevant field from a recognized School / College / Examination Board situated in India/ outside India with minimum 50% marks.
- Any Graduation of minimum 3 years duration from a recognized School/College/Examination Board situated in India/ outside India with minimum 50% marks.
- Any Bachelor’s Degree of minimum 3 years duration with Mathematics or Statistics at 10+2 level or higher level examination from the recognized School/College/Examination Board situate in India/ outside India with minimum 50% marks.
In case, the results of “A” level / XII / equivalent examination are awaited, the candidates can also apply for provisional admission. However, they are required to submit the “A” level / XII or equivalent examination certificate at the time of confirmation of admission. iv) Admission in Hostel, if needed, may be taken at the time of confirmation of admission for FN/PIO students.
- 150 students already enrolled under PIO/FN quota
- In campus Hostel & Transport facilities available for the students
- Separate sections for students of PIO/FN quota to accommodate language
- Special classes of Hindi for them to address their local issue and much more