Computer Society of India (CSI)
The seed for the Computer Society of India (CSI) was first shown in the year 1965 with a handful of IT enthusiasts who were a computer user group and felt the need to organize their activities. They also wanted to share their knowledge and exchange ideas on what they felt were a fast emerging sector. The purpose of the Society is scientific and educational, directed towards the advancement of the theory and practice of computer science and IT. Currently CSI has more than 500 student branches and is rooted firmly at 73 different locations. The idea is to spread the knowledge, and provide opportunities to as many interested as possible.
NIIST is one of the colleges which has taken the membership of CSI with a membership of 102 students. Now it is authorized to conduct various activities under the aegis of it. CSI has facilitated the students to organize research oriented and other technical co-curricular activities.
Advantages of Institutional Membership:
- Recognition by Accreditation bodies for association with a professional organization
- Grant of Free nominee membership to three faculty members with voting rights & log-in privilege on CSI knowledge portal
- 4 copies of CSI Communications every month
- Access to CSI knowledge portal and distinguished speaker list and eligibility for volunteering to be a speaker
- Eligibility to apply for assistance to attend International conferences
- Concessional rates for CSI Conferences and Tutorials for nominees
- Eligibility to publish articles in CSI communications and Transactions for nominees
- Discounted IEEE membership rate for faculty
- Reciprocal membership of BCS, ACS and subsidized product offerings by them
- Benefits available through CSI-IFIP, C-DAC, PMI & Microsoft collaboration
Advantages of Student Branches:Apart from the Institutional Membership benefits, the following benefits can be availed by the members of Student Chapter:
- Eligibility for nomination of best Student Branch award
- Additional 4 copies of CSI Communications to the institution & log-in privilege to the students on CSI knowledge portal with access to distinguished speaker list
- Attachment to a Regional Student coordinator & National Student coordinator for assistance with resource persons for various events and chapter support to organize seminars / workshops / tutorials / competitions / Expo
- Invitation for all Regional/State/National student conventions/conferences and competitions
- Concessional rates for CSI Conferences and Tutorials for student members
- Opportunity for students to interact with Industry professionals and chalk out a career path
- Eligibility to publish articles in CSI communications and journal for student members
- Eligibility to be nominated for the best Student paper in CSI communications
- Eligibility for CSI funded minor projects (for College Students)
- CSI Certification and Training programs at discounted rates for students
- Permission to conduct events under CSI Banner
IETE Students Forum - Electronics and communication Engineering
Department of Electronics and communication Engineering is going to start a The Institution of Electronics and Telecommunication Engineers (IETE) Students Forum (ISF). With the followings Objectives
1. Improving standard of Engineering Education
2. Counseling the students in the emerging new opportunities
3. Encouraging and motivating the outside Class room studies /Work shops/projects/Seminars
IETE is India's leading recognized professional society devoted to the advancement of Science and Technology of Electronics, Telecommunication / computer science / information technology and to build awareness amongst them for the mutual benefit.
All the members of IETE Students Forum have priority for publishing their papers in Journal of Education. They can also subscribe for other publication of the IETE, viz. IETE Journal of Research and IETE Technical Review. They are also welcome to attend all IETE technical programs arranged in India at a reduced registration fee. The IETE students shall receive the following benefits:
- Regular interaction with IETE Centers in the region and support from IETE Corporate members, Research & Development laboratories, industries etc in the technical programs.
- Prospect and support of setting up Electronics Hobby Centre in the institution with industry support
- Improvement in the quality of students pursuing the Degree courses and increases their employment potential.
- IETE Students will be given reduction in fee payment during enrolment of Associate Member of IETE, equivalent to the amount paid at the time of joining ISF.
ISTE Faculty & Students Chapter
NRI-ISTE students’ and faculty chapters have been established in the institute with an objective to provide national level forum to the students and faculty, where they can learn and share their views on technical and non-technical issues, through conferences, seminar and workshops. These chapters were established in 2003 in the institute with 20 faculty life members. The students’ and faculty chapters are very much active and are conducting a lot of events under this banner for the overall development of the students. We take pride to share that NRI-ISTE Students chapter is the winner of the best chapter of MP and Chhattisgarh zone for three consecutive years i.e. 2011, 2012 and 2013.NIIST has hosted national level ISTE student’s annual convention on 26th and 27th Nov.2011.
About ISTEThe Indian Society for Technical Education (ISTE) is the leading National Professional non-profit making Society for the Technical Education System in our country with the motto of Career Development of Teachers and Personality Development of Students and overall development of our Technical Education System. At present, ISTE has a very large and an effective membership base consisting of more than 1,02,985 Life Members, 5,54,094 Student Members, 2410 Institutional Members (including IITs, IISc., NITs and other leading technical institutions), 1214 Faculty Chapters and 1322 Students’ Chapters and 17 Sections throughout the country.
The major objective of the ISTE is to provide quality training programmesto teachers and administrators of technical institutions to update their knowledge and skills in their fields of activity and to assist and contribute in the production and development of top quality professional engineers and technicians required by the industry and other organizations.
- National level seminar on ‘Teaching methodologies for Technical Education’
- National level conference on ‘Skill Development initiatives through technical education reforms’
- National level conference on‘Role of Information Technology in Technical Education reforms’