About DepartmentThe Department of Electrical and Electronics Engineering was established in the year 2001. It offers one Under-Graduate programme (B.E in Electrical & Electronics Engineering), one Post-Graduate programme (M.Tech. in Power Electronics) and one part time Under-Graduate programme (PTDC in Electrical & Electronics Engineering). The department has grown not only in terms of student and faculty strength, but also in improving the laboratory facilities for the teaching and research purposes. The department has dedicated state of the art teaching / research laboratories. The department is recognized for excellence in research project. It is the first Department in NRI to be recognized with Eyantra lab in collaboration with IIT Mumbai.
The faculty members have a strong sense of responsibility to provide excellent education for both graduate and undergraduate students. The academic strength of the faculty is reflected by the alumni, many of whom are in the top echelons of industry and academia both in India and abroad.
The Department of Electrical and Electronics Engineering (EX) has consistently maintained an excellent academic record. The greatest asset of the Department is its highly motivated and learned faculty. The available diversity of expertise of the faculty with the support of the other staff, prepares the students to work in global multicultural environment. The graduates of the Electrical and Electronics stream have been selected by some of the world’s leading corporations as well as by most of the leading Indian counter parts.
We hope that we will continue to deliver our best to serve the society and mankind. It is also expected and that our students will continue to pass-on the skills which they have developed during their course duration in the Department. We will be happy to receive your suggestions for further improvement and development of our Department.
Vision & MissionVision
To provide quality education which evolves as a center of excellence and to train the students in growing technologies to meet the need of global standards of technical learning and to develop them in research and support services so that they are capable of making significant contribution to individual & social empowerment.
M I: To maintain encouraging and distinct environment that supports our students and faculty to achieve best of their abilities.
M II: To deliver quality education to produce competent and disciplined engineers to meet the ongoing global challenges.
M III: To develop problem solving skills, social awareness and confidence required to excel the industrial development and economic growth of the country.
Highlights Of The Department
E- YANTRA LAB
Project prepared in Eyantra lab (Quadcopter )
PLC SCADA LAB
Chancellor Scholarship 2015 for 3 students of EX III Semester on the basis of examinations held in December 2014. They also got the prize of Rs. 20, 000 /- and certificates for the same. The students are Afzal Ali, Deepika YAdav and Harshita Nidhi.
Faculty Awards in SRIJAN 2015
Faculty Award for teaching the subjects in which the students obtained highest theory marks amongst all colleges in RGPV exam session 2014-15
- Dr. Amita Mahor for EX 503
- Prof. Ashfaq Khan for EX 503
- Prof. Jitendra Singh Bhadoriya for EX 505
- Prof. Madhu Upadhyay for EX 503
Asso. Professor & HOD
M. Tech., Ph. D. *
Specialization: Power System
B. E., M. Tech.
Specialization: Power Electronics
B. E., M. Tech., Ph. D.
B. E., M. Tech.
Specialization: Control Systems
B. E., M. E.
Specialization: Power Electronics
B. E., M. E.
Specialization: Power Electronics
Specialization: Control & Automation
|B. E. (EX)||10 + 2 (PCM)||4 Years||120|
|M. Tech. (Power Electronics)||B. E. (EX / EE)||2 Years||18|
The Department Library primarily supports the teaching and research that takes place within the Department. There is a department library within the Electrical and Electronics Engineering department. The department library has a moderate collection of books. Printer facility is available for students. We also welcome members of other Departments for referring books related to Electrical and Electronics Department. The budding engineers of our department experience practical realization of their theoretical concepts by indulging themselves in the following Workshops and Laboratories of the Department. .
Power System Lab & Switch Gear & Protection Lab
Control System Lab
Power Electronics Lab
Elctrical Machine Lab
Network Analysis Lab
Electrical Workshop Lab & Project Lab
Electrical Drives Lab
- 1. Madhu Upadhyay “Power Quality Monitoring and Improvement” in National Conference on “Energy Trends in Power and Energy System” at Oriental Institute of Science and Technology, Bhopal.(Feb.26th’09)
- 2. Madhu Upadhyay , sumedha Sawni“FACTS Devices with Renewable Energy Resources” in National level Technical Symposium at Truba Institute of Engineering and Information Tech. Bhopal. (Feb.28th-29th’2008)
- 3. Anuprita mishra, Prof G Agnihotri, Madhu upadhyay “Impacts of Distributed Generation in Restructured Power System” in the International Conference on “ Recent Trends in Soft Computing and Information Technology-09” at Corporate Institute of Science and Technology, Bhopal.(Jan.09th-10th’2010)
- 4. Anuprita mishra, Prof G Agnihotri, Madhu upadhyay “Impacts of Distributed Generation in Restructured Power System” published in “international journal of information technology and knowledge management.” ISSN : 0973-4414
- 5. Madhu upadhyay ,Yogesh R. Ikhe ‘Mitigation of Voltage Sags and Swells by using Dynamic Voltage Restorer (DVR)’ in International Journal of Science & Engineering Development Research, Published in Volume 1 Issue 8, August-2016
- 1. Paramjeet Kaur,”Review and analysis of voltage collapse in power system” in International journal of scientific and research publication, vol 2, issue 1, Jan 2012.
- 2. Paramjeet kaur “Modeling and simulation of multipulse converter for harmonic reduction” in international journal of advanced computer research(IJACR), Sep 2012.
- 3. Paramjeet kaur “Multipulse AC-DC converter analysis for RL load” in International Journal of Scientific Engineering and Technology(IJSET), issue-4, vol.1, pp 61-70, oct 2012
- 4. Paramjeet Kaur,”Voltage Stability improvement with optimum allocation of SVCs using Genetic Algorithm” in international research journal of engineering and applied science, vol 1, issue 2, april-june 2013
- 5. Paramjeet kaur “A review paper on dynamic voltage restorer power quality improvement” published in international journal of latest technology in engineering & applied science . pg no- 31-36, vol-2, month dec ,2013
- 6. Paramjeet Kaur “HVDC power transmission and technology in india “ in IRJEAS, pg no 41-46, vol-2, month-feb-2014.
- 7. Paramjeet Kaur “HVDC transmission present aspects and review “ in IRJEAS , pg no 71-80, vol-2, month feb 2014
- 8. Paramjeet kaur “ harmonic analysis of symmetrical and asymmetrical inverter” in international research journal of engineering and applied science. Vol-2, issue-2, april-june-2014,pg 34-44
- 9. Paramjeet kaur “power flow control in induction motor by using asymmetrical multilevel inverter “ ,international journal of innovative research and development,, vol.2, issue2 , feb 2013, pg 535
- 10.paramjeet kaur “fuel cell based single phase pure sine wave inverter with PI controller” , international journal of science & technology” vol. 2, issue 11, oct 14, pg no 144-147
- 11.paramjeet kaur “ full bridge DC-DC boost converter with PI controller for fuel cell applications” , international journal of science & technology” vol. 2, issue-13, dec-14, pg no 121-124.
- 12.paramjeet kaur “ single phase grid connected seven level photovoltaic inverter using PI controller” in international research journal of engineering and applied science . vol 2, issue 4, oct-dec-14, pg no- 11-15.
- 13.paramjeet kaur “economical and renewable technique for power generation, energy storage and voltage sag mitigation” in international journal of technology and science, vol 11, issue 1, sep 14.
- 1. Devi, K. P., Rohit, A. K., Yawale, S. K., & Rangnekar, S. (2014, March). INTELLIGENT SYSTEM FOR CONTROLLING LIGHTS AND FANS POWERED BY SOLAR PV. In International Journal of Engineering Development and Research (Vol. 2, No. 1 (March 2014)). IJEDR.
- 2. Yawale, S. K. (2013). Outlook of Indian Household Energy and Emission Profile. In Advanced Materials Research (Vol. 768, pp. 265-271). Trans Tech Publications.
- 3. Satish Kumar Yawale, Manmohan Kapshe, Aashish Deshpande, “Energy and CO2 emission reduction potential from Indian transport sector”, Journal of Engineering Science & Management Education, Vol.6, Issue 2, 2014.
- 4. P. Sheolikar, S. Yawale, K. Puntambekar, M. Kapshe, “Spatial analysis of low carbon development 2050: A case of residential sector, Bhopal, India” Vol. 18, 8th International Symposium of the Digital Earth (ISDE8), doi:10.1088/1755-1315/18/1/012153, March 2014.
- 5. Satish Kumar Yawale, Ksh. Priyalakshmi, Amit Kumar and Saroj Rangnekar. “Microcontroller based lighting control system powered by solar PV” Vol.8, No. 4, International Journal of Applied Engineering Research, 2013
- 6. Youth Conclave-2012 Bhopal on “Energy Efficient lighting in Future: LED and CFL. (Presented)Paper Presented at KIIT Bhuvneshwar on “Smart Charge Controller for Solar Photovoltaic System. (Presented).
- 1. Komal H. Saxena, Published a Research Paper entitled “Computational Intelligence In Circuit Synthesis Through Evolutionary Algorithms And Particle Swarm Optimization” International Journal of Advances in Engineering & Technology, May 2011.
- 1. Ritesh Kumar, published a research paper entitled “A Review of Wind Energy Conversion System with Different Controller and Different Generator-Converter”, International Journal of Electrical, Electronics and Computer Engineering Vol. 3, Issue-1 pp no : (154-161) May-2014.
- 2. Ritesh Kumar, published a research paper entitled “PI and PID Controller Based Pitch Angle Control for Wind Energy Conversion System”National Journal of Engineering Science and Management (NJESM), Vol. 4, Issue-1, June 2014.
- 1. Rahul Abhishek, Published a Research Paper entitled “Linear Block Codes in OFDM System Performances” In IJERT, Volume .3, Issue .07, July 2014.
- 2. Rahul Abhishek , Published a Research Paper entitled 21“Intelligent Driving Assistant System” In IJERT, Volume .3, Issue .07, July 2014.
- 3. Rahul Abhishek, Published a Research Paper entitled“Linear control technique for Anti-lock Breaking System” in IJERA, volume 4, issue 8, august 2014.
- 4. Rahul Abhishek ,Published a Research Paper entitled “Finger Print Recognition System” 2014 IJEDR | Volume 2, Issue 3 | ISSN: 2321-9939.
- 5. Published a Research Paper entitled “Acoustic noise cancellation by NLMS & RLS Algorithm of Adaptive Filter” IJSR| Volume 4, Issue 5,may 2015.
NRI-ISTE students’ and faculty chapters have been established in the institute with an objective to provide national level forum to the students and faculty, where they can learn and share their views on technical and non-technical issues, through conferences, seminar and workshops. These chapters were established in 2003 in the institute with 20 faculty life members. The students’ and faculty chapters are very much active and are conducting a lot of events under this banner for the overall development of the students. We take pride to share that NRI-ISTE Students chapter is the winner of the best chapter of MP and Chhattisgarh zone for three consecutive years i.e. 2011, 2012 and 2013. NIIST has hosted national level ISTE student’s annual convention on 26th and 27th Nov.2011. About ISTE The Indian Society for Technical Education (ISTE) is the leading National Professional non-profit making Society for the Technical Education System in our country with the motto of Career Development of Teachers and Personality Development of Students and overall development of our Technical Education System. At present, ISTE has a very large and an effective membership base consisting of more than 1,02,985 Life Members, 5,54,094 Student Members, 2410 Institutional Members (including IITs, IISc., NITs and other leading technical institutions), 1214 Faculty Chapters and 1322 Students’ Chapters and 17 Sections throughout the country.
- 1. National level seminar on ‘Teaching methodologies for Technical Education’.
- 2. National level conference on ‘Skill Development initiatives through technical education reforms’.
- 3. National level conference on ‘Role of Information Technology in Technical Education reforms’.
- 4. The students of EX IV Semester visited the TAWA Hydro Electric Power Plant.
The students of EX IV Semester visited the TAWA Hydro Electric Power Plant.
The students of EX VI Semester visited SUZLON Wind Power Plant.
3 Days Workshop on AUTO CAD (Electrical).
Contact UsProf. Madhu Upadhyay
Asso. Professor & HOD
Department of EX
NRI Institute of Information Science & Technology
1, Sajjan Singh Nagar, Opp. Patel Nagar
Raisen Road, Bhopal, M. P.
Contact: 0755 – 4085500 (extn. – 115)