About DepartmentThe Department of Computer Science & Engineering (CSE), a vital wing of NIIST, was established in the year 2001 with an initial intake of 60 students. The Department has witnessed exceptional growth over the last decade and it has now an intake of 120 students in UG and 36 students for PG programmes. The department has a team of experienced, qualified and dedicated faculty members. The Department offers B.E. and M. Tech. programs in Computer Science and Engineering (CSE). The Department follows a comprehensive curriculum as designed by Rajiv Gandhi Proudyogiki Vishwavidyalaya, Bhopal.
The Department provides a practical oriented academic environment complemented by excellence in teaching. The Department aims to equip its students with the latest developments in Computer Science and Engineering. It not only takes care of the entire related domain of academics but also is actively engaged in software application development, supporting the institute.
The Department has state-of-the-art infrastructure and computing equipment supported by wi-fi enabled computer labs with 20 MBPS internet broadband connectivity and wireless networks. The faculty members aim at delivering top class education blending their rich research experience with classroom teaching.
The Department is in close collaboration with IIT Bombay. It has been recognized by IIT Bombay as a ‘Resource Centre’ of the ‘Spoken Tutorial Project’ under ‘Talk to a Teacher Programme’ of Ministry of HRD, Government of India. The Department bagged a ‘Knowledge Tree Award’ from IIT Bombay for its exemplary efforts in this direction. As per recent Gartner IT Research Report, 90% of Indian firms will use open source software in four years. As a strategic initiative, the Department is equipping the students to use Free Open Source Software (FOSS) through Spoken Tutorials.
The Department is also organizing Summer Training Programmes through IIT Bombay for students of the Institute and other Engineering Colleges. The Department is developing Virtual Labs in association with IIT Delhi in order to provide remote-access to labs and to share costly equipment and resources. The Department is recognized as a ‘Nodal Centre’ for Virtual Labs by IIT Delhi. The Department is also fulfilling its social responsibility to a certain extent by imparting Computer education to children and adults of nearby villages. The Department is constantly exploring new methodologies of teaching and has now embarked on ‘Outcome Based Education’ where the stress is not on what is taught, but on what is learnt. The concerted efforts, put by students and faculty members alike, are channelized for achieving academic excellence.
It gives me immense pleasure to lead the department of CSE at NRI Institute of Information Science and Technology. Our college is one of the premier institutions of Engineering and a hub of learning and co-curricular activities. The Department is striving hard towards the goal of providing innovative and quality education with high standards to achieve academic excellence.
We are witnessing a mammoth transformation in digital domain invading all aspects of our lives and as such the students and faculty members associated with the Department of CSE cannot remain untouched in these very momentous happenings. Even if we look into Gartner’s forecast of top ten technology trends of 2016, it predicts the relationship of all these technologies are directly related to the in-depth knowledge of Computer Science and associated disciplines. The new IT realities predicted are Adaptive Security Architecture, Advanced System Architecture, Mesh Application and Service Architecture as well as IoT Architecture and platforms. IoT is emerging as the third wave in the development of Internet.
We at Computer Science and Engineering Department have already initiated to keep pace with the emerging technologies by exploring new areas like Bg Data/ Business Analytics, Hadoop, Caasandra, MongoDB etc. We have also developed prototypes for Smart Waste Management and Smart Car Parking through sensor based IoT applications. We will be shortly installing an IoT Incubation Centre which will serve an exciting multi-disciplinary learning and research sandbox of software, electronics and communication as well as help students and faculty members to explore, experience and extend cutting edge technologies. They will be able to investigate a variety of technologies involving smart sensing, pervasive connectivity, virtual interfaces and ubiquitous computing and their potential application in consumer, retailing, health care and other industrial domains. The knowledge acquisition in the Department will help various Government of India schemes like Digital India, Make in India, Skill India, Startup India, Swachh Bharat Abhiyan and Smart Cities.
The excellent infrastructure, teaching faculty of the best kind along with a Training and Placement Cell ensures a bright future to its students. The department also takes initiative to improve the soft skills, analytical capabilities and verbal communication of the students so that they can face the competition in the corporate world confidently. Thus I am sure that our Engineers will emerge as assets not only to this institution and to the organization they would belong to in future, but also to the country at large.
I have the privilege to lead a vibrant group of faculty members who are highly competent and committed to academic excellence. Let us all join together to take the Department to greater heights.
Vision & MissionVision
"To be a leader in imparting highest quality of education in Computer Science and Engineering, carry out advanced research and promote application of innovative technology for facilitating the students to bloom into highly competent professionals of future for benefitting the society at large."
- To provide quality education as well as promote research and innovation in the field of Computer Science and Engineering.
- To make students industry-ready through placement oriented skill development.
- To create an appropriate platform for students and faculty members to effectively contribute in discharging their responsibilities towards the society at large.
- To facilitate continuous knowledge enhancement of the students and faculty members as well as up-gradation of resources and processes.
- To promote application of new technology initiatives among students and faculty members.
Highlights Of The Department
- Recognized as Spoken Tutorial Resource Centre by IIT-Bombay with ** rating.
- Received Knowledge Tree Award by IIT Bombay for ‘Spoken Tutorial Project’
- Nodal Centre of IIT Delhi for ‘Virtual Lab’
- Regular Summer Training Programme of Final Year students through IIT Bombay faculty from last 3 years
- Online examination of various government and other organizations on behalf of TCS
- Institute Social Responsibility initiatives
- Software exhibitions by faculty and students
- National Seminar organized on "Security in Cyberspace : A Challenge for Society".
- Initiated IoT (Internet of Things) incubation Center.
- In roads to high technology areas like, Hadoop, Python, R, Ruby on Rails, Casandra, Software Automation using QTP etc.
- Motivating students for startups.
Specialization: Data Mining Software Engineering
Prof. Nitesh Gupta B. E. (CSE), M. Tech. (CSE)
Specialization: computer Science Engineering
MCA, M. Tech.
Specialization: Software Systems
MCA, M. Tech. (CSE)
Specialization: Operating Systems & Networking
Specialization: Software Systems
B. E. (IT), M. E. (CSE)
Specialization: Computer Science
B. E. (CSE), M. Tech. (CSE
Specialization: Data Mining
MCA, M. Tech. (CTA)
Specialization: Data Mining
|Bachelor of Engineering (CSE)||10+2 with 45% in PCM (for General category), 10+2 with 40% in PCM (for SC/ST/OBC category)||120||MP PET conducted by VYAPAM||4 years|
|Master of Technology (CSE)||BE/B.Tech/ AMIE with minimum 50%||36||RGPV Counselling||2 years|
The Department has its own Departmental Library where the reference books and latest books and journals on various technologies are kept for ready and quick reference by the faculty.
The Department has 3 well furnished, wi-fi enabled computer labs with 4 MBPS internet broadband connectivity. All these labs are interconnected having total of 150+ computer systems. All these nodes are being supported by 3 servers. The computing facilities of each lab are supported by required UPS. Apart from conducting regular lab sessions, project work for Undergraduate and Post Graduate students, the entire facility is capable of conducting online examinations for various organizations like banks, state government agencies, All India level entrance examinations etc. The Computer Centre has been a Member of MSDN Academic Alliances of Microsoft Corporation. All the necessary software is also available on the servers and nodes.
Advanced Technology Enhancement Learning Centre
To keep a track of the heightened technological growth in the domain of Computer Science, it was of paramount importance to create Advanced Technology Enhancement Learning Centre in the Department of CSE where the faculties are encouraged to share all new developments initially amongst themselves and then with the students.
Research & Publications
- Mamalisa Nayak and Nitin Agrawal. Article: “Securing BSNs Private Data of Patients using an Efficient Two Password Authentication Technique” International Journal of Computer Applications 65(7):20-23, March 2013
- Ganesh Patidar and Nitin Agrawal “A block based Encryption Model to improve Avalanche Effect for data Security" International Journal of Scientific and Research Publications (IJSRP), Volume 3, Issue 1, January 2013 Edition".
- Satish Shrivastava & Nitin Agrawal “Receiver Location Privacy in MANET using Cyclic Technique” International Journal of Advanced Research in Computer Science & Engineering (IJARSCEE) Volume 5. No 05, April 2012
- Satish Shrivastava & Nitin Agrawal “Secure reveiver location privacy based on cyclic chain shift technique in mobile Adhoc network” International Journal of Computer Science & Information Technology (IJCSIT0 Volume 5. No 05, April 2012
- Shikha Shukla & Nitin Agarwal “Web information extraction” Association for International Journal in Computer Science & Electronics ISSN 2320-396X Volume 61, Issue 12, January 2013 Edition
- Jayant Kumar, Umesh Lilhore, Nitin Agrawal, “ Modified ECIES Encryption Scheme for Cloud Computing”, IJMTER, Vol III, Issue 19 , 2016
- 1. Lilhore, U. K., Saurabh, P., & Verma, B., “A New Approach to Overcome Problem of Congestion in Wireless Networks”, Published by Intelligent Informatics, Springer Berlin Heidelberg, AISC 182, Year 2012, pp. 499-506
- 2. Garg, P. K., U.K Lilhore, Bandyopadhyay, S., Barath Kumar, B., Bellamine, N., Ben Yahia, N., Bhadran,” Cloud Computing Management tools for Cloud Performance”, In Intelligent Informatics: Proceedings of the International Symposium on Intelligent Informatics ISI’12 Held at August 4-5 2012, Chennai, India (Vol. 182, p. 519). Springer Science & Business Media
- 3. Umesh Lilhore, Sarita Simaiya,” Security Enhancement of Mobile Ad Hoc Networks by using Encryption Keys Creation Scheme”, CIIT 2012
- 4. Umesh Lilhore and Sarita K “Augmenting the Protection of Data in International Data Encryption Algorithm (Idea) By Increasing Steps of Operation” in International Journal of Engineering Sciences & Research Technology (IJESRT), ISSN: 2277-9655, November, 2013
- 5. Shruti Batham,Umesh Lilhore,Shini Shibu, “Improve HLA based Encryption Process By Using Fixed Size Aggregate Key Generation”, Published in IJMTER journal Vol.2 Issue 1,Jan 2015.
- 6. Sawadekar, U., Lilhore, U., & Tamalkar, S., “Face Graph Matching: An Efficient Scheme For Moving Character Identification”, Published in IJRIT International Journal of Research in Information Technology, Volume 2, Issue 8, August 2014, Pg. 36-42
- 7. Umesh Kumar Lilhore,Dr Rishi Pal Bangarh, “ A Study on developing the next generation Decision support systems using autonomous software agents”, IJITM, I publisher, Issue 10 Volume 7, Nov 2014.
- 8. Sumit Kumar Pandey, Umesh Lilhore, “A Review on Various Contract Signing Protocol”, Volume 04, Issue 8, Aug 2014, PP 749-753.
- 9. Sumit Kumar Pandey, Umesh Lilhore, “An efficient fairness between parties for contract signing using OTP”, International Journal of Scientific & Engineering Research, Volume 6, Issue 6, June-2015,ISSN 2229-5518 PP 1024-1029.
- 10. Umesh lilhore and Santosh Kumar, “Analysis of performance factors for cloud computing”, International Journal of Information Technology and Management (IJIMTM ignited journal), Vol IX, Issue No. XIV, November 2015, ISSN 2249-4510, PP 305-310.
- 11. Sawadekar, U., Lilhore, U., & Tamarkar, S., “Robust Face Label Graph Matching for Movie Character Identification”, International Journal of Computer Applications, Volume 125, Sep 2015, pp 37-45.
- 12. Pandey, S. K., & Lilhore, U, “An efficient fairness between parties for contract signing using OTP”, International Journal of Scientific & Engineering Research, Volume 6, Issue 6, June-2015, PP-1023-1028.
- 13. Patel, M. D., & Lilhore, M. U. ,”A Survey On Image Mining Techniques For Brain Tumor Classification”, Published by International Journal Of Engineering Sciences & Research Technology,2015,pp 592-595.
- 14. Ankita Khapre, Umesh Lilhore, Sitendra Tamrakar, “A Survey Paper on Energy Efficient Routing Technique on WSN”, Volume 4, issue 6, June 2015, 2761-2766.
- 15. Shruti Batham,Umesh Lilhore,Shini Shibu, “Improve HLA based Encryption Process By Using Fixed Size Aggregate Key Generation”, Published in IEEE Conference ICIREMPS Bhopal, 2015 PP. 278-283.
- 16. Ankita Khapre, Umesh Lilhore, Sitendra Tamrakar, “MET OLSR – An Energy Effective OLSR based Routing Protocol”, International Journal of Computer Applications, Foundation of Computer Science (FCS), NY, USA, Volume 146 - Number 13, PP 297-303.
- 17. Umesh lilhore and Santosh Kumar, “Survey on Load balancing in Cloud Computing”, International Journal of Information Technology and Management (IJIMTM ignited journal), Vol X, Issue No. XV, May 2016, ISSN 2249-4510, PP 224-230.
- 18. Umesh lilhore and Santosh Kumar,”Cloud Computing Performance”, National seminar on “NEW IT TRENDS 2015”, PCCOE Engineering College Pune June 2015.
- 19. Mr. Dharmesh Patel*, Mr.Umesh Lilhore, “A SURVEY ON IMAGE MINING TECHNIQUES FOR BRAIN TUMOR”, INTERNATIONAL JOURNAL OF ENGINEERING SCIENCES & RESEARCH TECHNOLOGY, Oct 2015, PP 592-595
- 20. Umesh lilhore and Santosh Kumar, “A Novel Performance Improvement Model for Cloud Computing”, August 2016 IJSDR, Volume 1, Issue 8, 410-412.
- 21. Umesh Lilhore and Dr Santosh Kumar, “MODIFIED FUZZY LOGIC AND ADVANCE PARTICLE SWARM OPTIMIZATION MODEL FOR CLOUD COMPUTING”, International Journal of Modern Trends in Engineering and Research (IJMTER), Volume 03, Issue 08, August– 2016, PP 230-235
- 22. Umesh Lilhore and Dr Santosh Kumar,” Anticipatory Data Replication Strategy with Dynamic Distributed Model for Cloud Computing”, International Journal for Research in Applied Science & Engineering Technology (IJRASET), Volume 4 Issue VIII, August 2016, PP 554-559.
- 23. Umesh Lilhore and Kamlesh Kumari “ Factors Affecting the Accuracy of Automatic Signature Verification” Proceedings of the 10th INDIACom; INDIACom-2016; IEEE Conference ID: 37465 2016 3rd International Conference on “Computing for Sustainable Global Development”, 16th - 18th March, 2016 Bharati Vidyapeeth's Institute of Computer Applications and Management (BVICAM), New Delhi (INDIA)
- 24. Jayant Kumar, Umesh Lilhore, Nitin Agrawal, “ Modified ECIES Encryption Scheme for Cloud Computing”, IJMTER, Vol III, Issue 19 , 2016
- 25. Umesh lilhore and Santosh Kumar, “ADVANCE ANTICIPATORY PERFORMANCE IMPROVEMENT MODEL, FOR CLOUD COMPUTING”, International Journal of Recent Trends in Engineering & Research (IJRTER), Volume 02, Issue 08; August - 2016 [ISSN: 2455-1457], PP 210-216.
- 26. Dharemsh Patel, Umesh Lilhore, “Classified the Brainstorm in Image Mining Using FCMSVM”, Paper ID: IJSRDV4I10211,Published in Volume 4, Issue 1,Publication 01/04/2016, Page(s): 689-694
- 27. Varsha Raghuwanshi, Umesh Lilhore, “Neighbor Trust Algorithm (NTA) to Protect VANET from Denial of Service Attack (DoS)”, International Journal of Computer Applications Foundation of Computer Science (FCS), NY, USA, Volume 140 - Number 8, Year of Publication 2016.
- 28. Sushil Kumar Tripathi, Prof. Umesh kumar Lilhore’ “An Efficient Block Cipher Encryption Technique Based On Cubical Method and Improved Key”, Imperial Journal of Interdisciplinary Research (IJIR) Vol-2, Issue-6, 2016, PP 373-378.
- 1. Pandey, S., & Chauhan, A. S. (2014). An Efficient RC4 Based Secure Content Sniffing for Web Browsers Supporting Text and Image Files. In Advanced Computing, Networking and Informatics-Volume 2 (pp. 325-332). Springer International Publishing.
- 2. Chand, J., & Chauhan, A. S. “Classification of Web User Data using Cart Algorithm for Identifying Interested Web User”, ELSEVIER'
- 3. Gupta, D., & Chauhan, A. S. (2015, January). Ant Colony Based Optimization from Infrequent Itemsets. In Proceedings of the 3rd International Conference on Frontiers of Intelligent Computing: Theory and Applications (FICTA) 2014 (pp. 797-804). Springer International Publishing.
- 4. Chand, J., Chauhan, A. S., & Shrivastava, A. K., “Review on Classification of Web Log Data using CART Algorithm”, International Journal of Computer Applications, 80(17), 41-43. (2013).
- 1. Sahare, M., & Gupta, H., “A review of multi-class classification for imbalanced data”, International Journal of Advanced Computer Research,2(3), 160-164, (2012).
- 2. Dubey, A. K., Giri, M., Sahare, M., & Dubey, A. K. , “Step-up analysis and generalization approach for Trusted NFC application Development for enhancing real time use Location”, In Communication Systems and Network Technologies (CSNT), 2011 International Conference on (pp. 318-322). IEEE, (2011, June).
- 3. Shrawankar, M., & Sahare, M. “A Secure Framework for Cloud Computing With Multi-cloud Service Providers”, IOSR Journal of Computer Engineering (IOSR-JCE) e-ISSN: 2278-0661,p-ISSN: 2278-8727, Volume 17, Issue 2, Ver. II (Mar – Apr. 2015), PP 59-66.
- 4. Vishwakarma, P., & Sahare, M. “Analysis of Cloud Storage Information Security and It’s Various Methods”, International Journal on Recent and Innovation Trends in Computing and Communication, ISSN: 2321 - 8169 Volume: 3 Issue: 2.
- 1. Nitesh Gupta, Dr. Sanjeev Jain, Vijendra Singh Bhadauria, “Performance Study of Routing Protocols in Wireless Mesh Networks” in Search and Research Youth Congress-2010 an International conference, held at ITTTR, Bhopal.
- 2. Mohini Tiwari, Ashish Kumar Srivastava, Nitesh Gupta “Android Malware Detection Using SVM and GA” ISSN: 2277 128X IJARCSSE Volume 4, Issue 5, May 2014.
- 3. Mohini Tiwari, Ashish Kumar Srivastava, and Nitesh Gupta “Review on android and Smartphone” ISSN: 2320-6527 ISCA Volume 1(6), Issue October 2013.
- 4. Pratima Singh, Ashish Srivastava, Nitesh Gupta, “A Novel Approach to Detect & Prevent Wormhole Attack over MANET & Sensor n/w towards Lower Battery Power Consumption” in IOSR Journal of Computer Engineering (IOSR-JCE), 2013.
- 5. Pratima Singh, Nitesh Gupta, Ashish Srivastava “A Review of Wormhole over Mobile Ad Hoc Network” in International Journal of Computer Application (0975-8887), 2013.
- 1. Rajput, Nupur, Pranita Jain, and Shailendra Shrivastava. "Face detection using HMM–SVM method." In Advances in Computer Science, Engineering & Applications, pp. 835-842. Springer Berlin Heidelberg, 2012.
|S. No.||Name of the Event||Title of the Event||Dates|
|1||CSI Student Chapter Activity||Technical Workshop||29th February 2016|
|2||Institute Social Responsibility||Visit to Blind School||12th March 2016|
|3||Industrial visit||Industrial visit to Netlink||26th March 2016|
|4||National Conference||Cyber Security||5th and 6th April 2016|
|5||Inauguration||IoT Incubation Centre||9th April 2016|
|6||Soft Skill Event||Oratoria||16th April 2016|
|7||Soft Skill Event||Podium||16th April 2016|
|8||Technical quiz||Questionario||16th April 2016|
|9||Sports||Indoor Sports||23rd April 2016|
|10||Faculty Industrial Exposure||Visit to nearby IT set-ups||14th May 2016|
- First Year Orientation Programme
- An ‘Orientation Programme’ for the first year students of Engineering was organized at NRI Institute of Information Science and Technology on 22/08/2015. Addressing the students, the Chairman of NRI Group Mr. D. Subodh Singh emphasized on the paramount importance of hardwork and personal grooming. The first year students shared their dreams and committed themselves to achieve them. The top management team of Shri R.S Gautam Director (Admissions), Dr. S.C. Kapoor Director (NIIST) and Mr. Atul Raghave CEO NRI Group also addressed the students on the occasion. Principal Dr. Amita Mahor gave a brief overview about the Institute and its academic initiatives. Training and Placement Head Ms. Nishi Parihar acquainted the students with placement opportunities and elaborated on the need of concerted efforts on the part of students. The programme ended with the Vote of Thanks proposed by Student Welfare Officer Ms. Veena Shukla.
- Teacher’s Day Celebration
- ‘Teacher’s Day’ was celebrated at NRI Institute of Information Science and Technology with great fervor to mark the birth anniversary of Dr. Sarvapalli Radhakrishnan. As 5/9/2015 was declared as aholiday on account of 'Janmashtami', the students of CSE celebrated Teacher's Day on 4/9/2015, 7/9/2015 and 8/9/2015. They organized cultural programmes and expressed their gratitude to the teachers. Teachers were also presented gifts, cards and flowers by the students.
- Engineer’s Day Celebration/Quiz Competition
- ‘Engineer’s Day’ was celebrated at NRI Institute of Information Science and Technology on 15/09/2015 to mark the birth anniversary of Bharat Ratna Mokhagundam Vishveshvaraiya. Addressing the students, the Director of the institute Dr. S.C. Kapoor emphasized on the paramount importance of hardwork and commitment. Principal Dr. Amita Mahor was also present on the occasion. The Department of CSE organized a Technical quiz contest for the students. Nishtha Dwivedi, Amit Potdar and Ashish Pratap bagged the prizes for the contest. Principal Dr. Amita Mahor gave away the prizes to the winners. The students pledged to imbibe the qualities of Sir Vishveshvaraiya in their own lives.
- Fresher Party
- A 'Fresher Party' was organized by the second year students of NRI Institute of Information Science and Technology to welcome the first year students. Various cultural programmes were staged in which students participated with a lot of enthusiasm. A 'Ramp Walk' was also organized for the first year students.
- The following titles were given to the students:
- Miss Fresher: Anukriti Tiwari (CSE)
- Mr. Fresher: Digvijay Kumar Shah(ME)
- Miss Eve: Khushboo Tiwari(EX)
- Mr.Eve: Saurav Kumar (ME)
- Oratoria 2015
- In the current scenario, it is felt that while technology and communication devices and networks are making tremendous progress, the verbal communication itself appears to be taking a back seat. Verbal communication plays a vital role in present day campus recruitments. Taking cue from IIMs and other B-schools, ‘Oratoria 2015’ was organized at NRI Institute of Information Science and Technology on 10/10/2015 by the Department of CSE. Several students participated in the event and presented their oratory skills on the issue of religious intolerance. Shahabuddin Siddiqui bagged the first prize of the contest. Kanak Vivek and Purva Mishra were adjudged second and third winners respectively. Addressing the students, the Director of the institute Dr. S.C. Kapoor emphasized on the paramount importance of verbal communication in the technical field. He also gave away the prizes to the winners.
- Annual Sports Meet
- The third Annual Sports Meet was conducted at NRI Institute of Information Science and Technology, Bhopal on 31st October 2015, by the Department of CSE. It was attended by 200 participants from CSE, NIIST. The Sports Meet was declared open by Shri R.S Gautam, Director Admissions, Nri Group during the Inaugural Ceremony. CEO of the group Mr. Atul Rahave, Director Finance Mr. Jagdish Kapoor and Registrar Mr. Zakir Hussain were also present on the occasion. The events conducted were Balance Race, Relay Race, Needle and Thread Race, Lemon and Spoon Race, Ball in the Basket, Stump Out and Tug-of-War. The enthusiastic participation of students in all events made the Sports Meet a great success. CSE V B was declared as the overall Champions of the Sports Meet. Dr. S.C. Kapoor, Director gave away the prizes to the winners during the Valedictory Ceremony. The event was co-ordinated by Mr. Nitesh Gupta and Ms. Sini Shibu along with the faculty members of CSE Department.
- Diwali celebrations
- Diwali was celebrated with great fervor at NRI Group on 7/11/2015. The Department of CSE organized a programme in which new technologies like Holographic Display and Sensor based illumination system were projected. As part of the Institutional Social Responsibility, the Chairman of the group Mr. D. Subodh Singh and Mrs. Jayshree Singh distributed sweets, gifts and crackers to lesser privileged children. Advisor Shri R.S.Gautam, CEO Mr. Atul Raghave, Director Academics Dr. G.Kumar and Principal NIIST Dr. Amita Mahor were also present on the occasion. Later, a get together was organized in which all staff members of the group were present. Various cultural programmes were also presented by the faculty members during the gathering.
- Faculty Interaction Programme
- Guest: Prof. Hemendra Singh Patel, GEC, Jabalpur
- The faculty appraised the various initiatives taken by them in CSE Department which was highly appreciated and acknowledged that this type of activities he has not witnessed in other colleges.
- The following points were discussed:
- Teaching methodologies
- NBA/NIRF preparation
- System and procedures for academic information flow
- Expert Lecture
- Speaker: Mr. Karan Singh, System Specialist of Storage and Platform for CSC-IT Centre for Science Limited in Finland
- Mr. Karan Singh actively deliberated in providing IaaS Cloud Solutions based on Open Stack and Ceph Storage. He also shared his excellent working experience on variety of Unix environments, backup, Enterprise Storage Systems and Cloud Platforms. He is currently working in Hadoop and IoT.
- Rangoli Competition
- Basant Panchami festival was celebrated with all fervor and gaiety at NRI Group of Institutions on 12/2/2016. During the festival a Rangoli Competition was also organized for the students by the Department of CSE, NIIST. Students made various colourful and vibrant rangolis. The judgement committee comprising of Prof. Nitin Agrawal and Prof. Mahendra Sahare gave the following ranking:
|I Prize||Simran Yadav,Vaishali Dhurve||CSE IV B,CSE IV B|
|II Prize||Priyanka KumariReena Chaurasiya||CSE IV B,CSE IV B|
|III Prize||Nidhi Singh,Saumya Agrawal||CSE VI A,CSE VI B|
|Consolation Prize||Gokul Sondhiya||CSE IV A|
- Director Dr. S.C.Kapoor lauded the efforts of the Department and asked the students to participate in all co-curricular and extra-curricular activities to enhance their overall personal development. He also gave away the prizes to the winners.
Contact UsProf. N.K. Dasgupta
Head of the Department
Department of CSE
NRI Institute of Information Science and Technology
1, Sajjan Singh Nagar, Opp. Patel Nagar
Raisen Road, Bhopal, M. P.
Contact: 0755 – 4085500 (extn. – 114)